Energy Committee Warns Of Huge Hikes In Energy Bills
September 9, 2013
By Paul Homewood
Reader Turboblock kindly reminded me about the above report issued by the Energy and Climate Change Committee in July. Excerpts below:
So, to summarise:-
- Government climate change policies are already adding £112 pa to energy bills.
- By 2020, climate change policies will be adding 33% to bills.
- In the Committee’s own words, “Energy is becoming increasingly unaffordable for low income families.”
- The use of levies on bills to fund social and environmental programmes will add to that burden.
- The figures provided by the Committee essentially support the numbers provided by the Taxpayers Alliance, which I referred to here.