So the science is settled?
More than 1,000 dissenting scientists from around the globe, including many former IPCC scientists, have now challenged man-made global warming claims made by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) .
What do some of them say?
- Dr Robert Austin, Princeton Physicist – “I view Climategate as science fraud, pure and simple”
- IPCC scientist Eduardo Zorita – “Michael Mann and Phil Jones should be barred from the IPCC process…They are not credible anymore.” Zorita also noted how insular the IPCC science had become. “By writing these lines I will just probably achieve that few of my future studies will, again, not see the light of publication,”
- IPCC lead author Richard Tol – lamented that the IPCC had been captured and demanded that “the Chair of IPCC and the Chairs of the IPCC Working Groups should be removed.” Tol also publically called for the suspension of the IPCC Process in 2010.
- UN scientist Professor Will Alexander – “The IPCC is a worthless carcass…Pachauri is in disgrace…fraudulent science continues to be exposed.” He claims there is “no scientifically believable evidence that human activities can influence global climate”, “climate change adherents show a complete lack of numeracy skills and logical deductions” and that there has been “deliberate manipulation of climate change science to suit political objectives”.
- Dr. Don Easterbrook, a professor of geology at Western Washington University, summed up the scandal “The corruption within the IPCC revealed by the Climategate scandal, the doctoring of data and the refusal to admit mistakes have so severely tainted the IPCC that it is no longer a credible agency.”
- IPCC lead author Tom Tripp – “We’re not scientifically there yet. Despite what you may have heard in the media, there is nothing like a consensus of scientific opinion that this is a problem. Because there is natural variability in the weather, you cannot statistically know for another 150 years.”
- NASA scientist Dr Leonard Weinstein – “Any reasonable scientific analysis must conclude the basic theory wrong!!”
- Nobel Prize-Winning Stanford University Physicist Dr. Robert B. Laughlin – “Please remain calm: The Earth will heal itself — Climate is beyond our power to control…Earth doesn’t care about governments or their legislation. You can’t find much actual global warming in present-day weather observations. Climate change is a matter of geologic time, something that the earth routinely does on its own without asking anyone’s permission or explaining itself”
- Dr. Christopher J. Kobus, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Oakland University – “In essence, the jig is up. The whole thing is a fraud. And even the fraudsters that fudged data are admitting to temperature history that they used to say didn’t happen…Perhaps what has doomed the Climategate fraudsters the most was their brazenness in fudging the data”
- Russian Scientist Dr. Anatoly Levitin, the head of geomagnetic variations laboratory at the Institute of Terrestrial Magnetism, Ionosphere and Radiowave Propagation of the Russian Academy of Sciences who has published numerous peer-reviewed studies about the interaction of solar radiation with the Earth‘s magnetic field – “The energy mankind generates is so small compared to that overall energy budget that it simply cannot affect the climate…The planet’s climate is doing its own thing, but we cannot pinpoint significant trends in changes to it because it dates back millions of years while the study of it began only recently. We are children of the Sun; we simply lack data to draw the proper conclusions.”
- Brazilian Geologist Geraldo Luís Lino – “Hundreds of billion dollars have been wasted with the attempt of imposing an Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) theory that is not supported by physical world evidences…AGW has been forcefully imposed by means of a barrage of scare stories and indoctrination that begins in the elementary school textbooks.”
- Research Chemist William C. Gilbert – ““I am ashamed of what climate science has become today.” The science “community is relying on an inadequate model to blame CO2 and innocent citizens for global warming in order to generate funding and to gain attention. If this is what “science‟ has become today, I, as a scientist, am ashamed.”
- Swedish Climatologist Dr. Hans Jelbring of the Paleogeophysics & Geodynamics Unit at Stockholm University – “The dysfunctional nature of the climate sciences is nothing short of a scandal. Science is too important for our society to be misused in the way it has been done within the Climate Science Community.” The global warming establishment “has actively suppressed research results presented by researchers that do not comply with the dogma of the IPCC.”
- Renowned engineer and aviation/space pioneer Burt Rutan, who was named one of the “100 most influential people in the world, 2004” by Time Magazine – “Those who call themselves “Green planet advocates‟ should be arguing for a CO2- fertilized atmosphere, not a CO2-starved atmosphere…Diversity increases when the planet was warm AND had high CO2 atmospheric content…Al Gore’s personal behaviour supports a green planet – his enormous energy use with his 4 homes and his bizjet, does indeed help make the planet greener. Kudos, Al for doing your part to save the planet”
- Atmospheric Physicist Dr. John Reid – “Global warming is the central tenet of this new belief system in much the same way that the Resurrection is the central tenet of Christianity. Al Gore has taken a role corresponding to that of St Paul in proselytizing the new faith…My skepticism about AGW arises from the fact that as a physicist who has worked in closely related areas, I know how poor the underlying science is. In effect the scientific method has been abandoned in this field.”
Marc Morano has the full report. More tomorrow!